Improvements to the v9 code
We have some of Opensims top developers working on improving and upgrading the opensim v9 software.
Improvements made so far:
- Faster Teleporting
- Faster and smoother sim/region crossings
- Quicker Rezzing
- Fully working OpenCollars
- Working Destination Guide
Working and improved Places search
You can now search for places using the Search feature on your viewer which has some added improvements.
- You will now be shown every place that has been added to the search system if your search term doesn’t find a place matching what you have typed into it.
- You can now search for the most popular places in Kinky Grid by searching for “top” this is calculated by the amount of traffic, the more visitors you have going to your place the higher up in the search results your place will be.
- You can now see how many users are currently in a place, the (1) or (5) before a places name represents how many users are in that place.
We have now started work on the websearch section of the Firestorm viewer search, you can use the search bar to search for places within Kinky Grid, use the HG search to search for Hypergrid places, items, events etc, and there is also a script library where you can copy and paste scripts or download them.
The Main home page will eventually have sections on it such as destinations, classified ads etc, and soon you will be able to collect a Jukebox/radio which will allow you to use the hypergrid search music section to preview radio stations and then send them to your parcels.
Planned improvements and status
Listed below are current improvements to the opensim software that are still in beta testing or planned status.
- Working Events search (Currently in beta testing)